Terrence Higgins, MFT is a Relationship Health Specialist.
How I Work
I work with both prevention and cure.
• Adult children and their Parents
• Family Businesses
Clients come to me for relationship counseling to help with a wide range of interpersonal challenges.
• New Couples: We work to maximize your potential for a conscious union.
• Seasoned Relationships of all Types: We collaborate on strategies to help each person try new approaches to old conflict dramas. Our goal: to convert them into respectful negotiations of differing needs.
• Singles Seeking Partners: Let us look at your obstacles and then work to remove them. In this way, we energize your search for the right match.
Another thing I do is help people heal from interpersonal wounding.
• Single, Relatively Minor Incident: The repair may require just one or two consultations or mediation sessions to help the couple heal.
• Single, Severe Incident: A single incident of such severity that it threatens the life of the relationship can often be healed. In those cases where the relationship does not survive, some healing can be crucial for both parties to successfully move on.
• Chronic Interpersonal Abuse: This trauma can also be repaired, whether the emotional harm has been inflicted by one member or by both.
With both single incident trauma and chronic wounding, we put into place preventive measures to reduce the potential for a recurrence.
• Emotional Wounds Inflicted in Past Relationships: Perhaps you suffered abuse or neglect from a former partner, relative or caregiver. Maybe the abuse came from an entire group such as your family, or from an intentional community such as a religious sect, a cult, or a commune. You may feel a need to process the loss or betrayal to further your healing.
More than 20 years’ experience healing people from interpersonal damage has given me a wide range of treatment options to choose from. I tailor the approach for each case. If you bring a willingness to do the work, our collaboration may help you turn the corner on some aspect of your interpersonal life that currently causes you distress.
Some clients come to me for depth psychotherapy. Go to The Deeper Journey to learn more about this offering.
Scroll down and click on the Psychology Today and GoodTherapy icons to learn more about how I work. Thank you for your interest in my practice.